Sunday, January 13, 2013

Progress

First of all, I'd like to say thanks to those who have stopped by thus far-and especially the few who were sweet enough to leave me a comment and/or follow my blog. Thank you! I have not intentionally ignored your comments, and will make it around to each of your blogs this week to reciprocate the attention.

I acknowledge that I have been a bit behind in my intended ventures with my blog. In my defense, our institution had its first day of class this past Monday, so all students are back on campus. This meant our admission office was pretty swamped the entire week. Chaos I tell you! So by the time I returned home for the day, the last thing I wanted to do was hop online [I haven't even been on Pinterest all week!!]. I mostly read. I finished two books. It was very therapeutic.

Sadly, I missed out on WOYWW (What is On Your Workdesk Wednesday) this week. But that does not mean I don't have a workspace to share with you now. I have been working on my baby book. I had a bit of a creative block halfway through, but I think it is subsiding. Okay, maybe it was a bit of a "overwhelmed" block. I think I may be incorporating too many elements and colors into the project. I took a step back so I could reevaluate how I wanted it to turn out. I have decided that I want the following to be my prominent elements: butterflies, washi tape, and the colors yellow & pink. Below you can see a bit of the progress I have made. I hope to finish it by this Wednesday.


 I will be clearing a little space in a moment so that I can make a birthday card for a coworker. I haven't yet used my Patterned Party stamp set from Stampin' Up, so am looking forward to opening it. I'll post the card when it is done.

On a different note, have any of you been following the Craft & Hobby Association (CHA) Winter show? I discovered CHA last year. Now I am kind of obsessed with pictures and reviews of the new lines. I'll probably be checking out some more blog reviews before bed tonight.

Have a great Monday!

No comments: