Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Featured Guest on Shimelle

Say what?! Am I mistaken? Have my dreaming eyes deceived me? Nope. You heard it right from the source. I am a Guest Artist on Shimelle's Blog 


For those of you who are not familiar with her work, Shimelle is a very talented scrapbooker, designer and teacher out of London who now designs with American Crafts. I ran across her years ago through her Glitter Girl videos on Two Peas & a Bucket, and was instantly hooked. She might have been the first crafter I watched on the YouTube.

But, to make a long story short, I applied to be a part of Shimelle's Design Team last October. I can only imagine the number of replies she had to sift through, but I wasn’t selected. The resumes of the ladies on her team are quite impressive and they are most deserved. I think she made some great choices. Well, fast forward to late January when I receive an email message out of the blue thanking me for applying and asking if I’d like to pop in this year as a guest. How could I say no?!

I wasn’t the only person asked, but it was quite flattering seeing my name amongst other well know papercrafters. We all were given the option to sign up for a date slot and “assignments”. I grabbed a spot in September on the topic of Sport. My assignment was to paint the edge of the page.

I’ve had to keep this secret from the world for quite some time and now I’m so eager to share! Here is a bit of a preview, but you can find the page in its entirety over at Shimelle's Blog.



The photo comes from a Nebraska Football game last November. We were fortunate to go to two games last year with some of our besties (you can see them in the preview). We went to the first (the hottest) and the last (the coldest). I don’t think you could convince me to go to another November game. I used to be weathered for those types of events. When you are a student, you are out every weekend, and are slowly trained to withstand any event Mother Nature threw your way. Not so much anymore…but it was sure fun. Bonus: We won against Iowa. Go Big Red!

There wasn’t a whole lot of space in my guest spot to share what products I used, so I thought I’d share that information here. For future reference, this isn’t something I usually know or write down. But, I recognize that people look to Shimelle for inspiration, and if you happen to have wandered over from the blog (WELCOME!), you might want to know a bit more about how this page came about.

Without further delay…

The Papers:
Shimelle Starshine 12x12: Pathfinder
Shimelle 12x12 scraps
Simple Stories Life Documented – 3 branding strips from July, Sept, Nov
Black & White Cardstock from Michaels Recollections
Crate Paper Bundled Up 12x12: Noell
Best of Amy Tangerine pack from Michaels (black & white cameras)

The Embellishments:
Shimelle Plastic Buttons
October Afternoon Daily Flash Tin Pins
Basic Grey Basics Candy Buttons
Pebbles Date Stamp
Shimelle Acrylic Stamps
Hampton Art Clear Stamps -Football

The Materials:
White Acrylic Paint
Mister Hueys - Warm Calico
Hero Arts Dauber – Charcoal

Tip: I don’t recommend waiting last minute to pull out your acrylics, as this leaves you with the awesome realization that they’ve dried up. It all worked out, and I like the effect they had on the page but I could have lived without the added “freak out” moment. ;)

Thank you for supporting my work and taking the time to visit both with Shimelle and me today.

Have a great day!

~Jeanna~



No comments: