Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Bet You Didn't See this Coming...WOYWW!

Boo! I'm back...again! For the second time in a matter of DAYS. That's right, not months, or even a week. Don't you feel special? Well, you should. This shows I like you. You random, anonymous blog stalker. Well, truth be told, I had actually planned to write yesterday, but we had a bit of a weather situation roll through these parts which put a bit of a damper on those plans. 


This picture was taken as I was fleeing our parking lot at work. Yeah, probably should have stayed inside the building. If nothing else, my drive home felt like an epic quest...or certain doom. Whichever way you want to spin it.

Now for the main event! You probably stopped on by for WOYWW (What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday). If you are new to the Desk-hopping scene, I suggest you start with the originator Julia Dunnit. You'll also get the links for all my fellow WOYWW-ers. 

Here she is!




We have a couple of things going on here. The top left is a compilation of items from our recent vacation. We went to see my sister and brother-in-law down in Louisiana. We also made a day trip to Dallas, which explains my adorable frame. In the top right is my Project Life Binder. Yes, I'm getting back into that. My goal this week is to put together the past two weeks, including our vacation. The bottom right is evidence of my weakness. I do love me some frozen yogurt. And next to that is my OTHER weakness. One of our local scrapbook shops, Busy Scrappin, relocated to a large store, closer to me. I had to go say hello. And make a purchase. It was only polite. And my iPad was playing a scrapbooking organization video. It's my latest obsession.

Overall, my desk today shows that I may have a few problems. My response? I spent $20 less this time at Busy Scrappin. I'm getting myself motivated and organized. And I am doing the "30 Day Buns, Gunes, & Abs Challenge" so that I can eat my ice cream, and still wear my pants. Woot.


                         Stay cool friends!




6 comments:

Chrysalis said...

You do make me smile! What a great idea - measuring your crafty spends by how much you saved this time round!! Have a fab week, and good luck with the weight loss (the less said about mine the better!) Hugs, Chris # 10

Katie Jeanne said...

Oh, that storm looks scary. Glad you made it home okay. Good luck on the challenge.

Amy E said...

Your desk looks so neat and clean and wonderful. Maybe I need to get some frozen yogurt on my desk too so mine will be as awesome!!

Thanks so much for coming by to visit this week. I should (hopefully) have the video up for how to emboss without embossing folders, in time for my Money-Saving-Monday post!

Amy E. #1
Scrapthissavethat.blogspot.com

okienurse said...

DH is out with Tempest Tours this week and they were in Nebraska on Wednesday so I hope everything is okay up there! We have been getting hit with lightening storms but no rain...sad we are so dry! Love the desk and your card is adorable! I haven't been able to post on Wednesdays for a while and I have missed it! Sorry I am so late getting around! Thanks for sharing. Vickie #62

Ohhh Snap said...

Yikes, that is a scary looking storm, glad you made it home safe. Congratulations on your shopping restraint : ). Happy belated WOYWW (gotta go because I'm trying to avoid frozen yogurt lol). #5

fairyrocks said...

Wholly, grab Toto and head for the root cellar!!! Your desk looks busy. Skinny jeans and icecream. Sounds like a song I would like to sing. Keep smiling and creating.